The Islington branch of the Co-op Party will be holding a special meeting to discuss policy on Wednesday 29th June, from 7 to 9pm at the Town Hall, Upper Street.
The focus of the meeting will be consultation on three documents produced by the party in the run up to the 2016 party conference in Cardiff. The three documents can be accessed here:
- Creating a more equal society https://party.coop/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/2016/02/policy-doc-society-1.pdf
- Secure and confident communities https://party.coop/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/2016/02/policy-doc-communities.pdf
- Building a shared economy https://party.coop/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/2016/02/policy-doc-economy.pdf
Members felt it would be a good opportunity to hold a session looking specifically at co-op party policy and co-operative solutions, particularly during Co-ops Fortnight. Of course, party members can make their own submission, but we will be making a collective submission on behalf of the branch following the meeting. The deadline for submissions is 15th July.
When looking through the documents, please bear in mind that the Party NEC would specifically like submissions which address the following questions:
1. What campaigns would you like to see the Co-operative Party take up in relation to the policy proposals contained in the three thematic documents?
2. What campaigning ideas and action can local parties and members engage in within their own areas in relation to the three thematic documents?
3. Are there missing policies in the three documents?
4. What areas of policy need to be added or expanded upon in the twelve original policy documents agreed upon at conference 2014?
London, Islington N1 2UD
Google map and directions