In March, following a comprehensive survey of Momentum supporters, “Defending the NHS” was chosen as the priority campaign for Momentum, achieving 56.3% of the vote.
It’s time to act
The National Health Service Bill was introduced by Labour’s Margaret Greenwood MP and its second reading will take place on 4th November.
In the run up to the Bill’s reading, our campaign aims to secure a high-quality NHS that is publicly-provided, properly funded and available to all.
How can you help?
- Sign the petition to all MPs
- Email your local MP to ask them to back the Bill
- Take a photo with this ‘I support the Bill’ poster and upload it to Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #NHSbill
Run a street stall
- Create a buzzy atmosphere on your stall, three friends makes a good team
- What do you need and what do you want to achieve?
- Inform people - Momentum NHS leaflets can be ordered here and general Momentum flyers and badges here
- Engage people - print off and get people to sign the petition to your local MP to your local MP asking them to support the Bill.
- Collect stories - stories are a powerful way to show people's love for the NHS. Get people to fill out the 'I love the NHS because...' postcards to their MP. Take pictures of people with their postcards and post them on social media with the hashtag #NHSbill. Collect the postcards and deliver them to your MP with the petition. You can order postcards here
- After collecting petition signatures and the postcard stories 'I Love the NHS because...' take these to your local MP's surgery. Find out about your MP's surgery here.
Ask your MP to sign a pledge to back the Bill
Put on a public local event with a speaker - email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a speaker.