The National Bargee Travellers Association (NBTA) is organising a demonstration to demand that Canal & River Trust (CRT):
- stops evicting or threatening to evict boat dwellers without permanent moorings based on their travel pattern, because of an arbitrary and unlawful minimum distance ‘rule’ that has been imposed since last May
- stops imposing 24 hour mooring time limits (the law entitles us to stay 14 days in any one place)
- stops any plans for the sale of our waterways,
and instead takes positive action to:
- maintain the banks and towpaths of the waterways
- install more mooring rings where these are needed
- install more facilities.
All are welcome to join this demonstration for our basic rights on Saturday 16th April 2016 at 12.30pm. Meet under the NBTA’s banner on the corner of Gower Street and Euston Road, London NW1 2BU.
London NW1 2BU
Google map and directions